Chopstick Chatter

China: Through my eyes

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Surgery Scheduled

After tracking down a series of doctors, I now finally know my surgery date.

I go in to the hospital Wednesday, May 5th for pre-op. The surgery will be Thursday. No cutting should be involved. They can go up and remove the mass with a scope. I will, however, be knocked out with anesthesia.

If you don't have a weak stomach, you can watch a similar procedure on YouTube:

If all goes well, I will be released that afternoon (fingers crossed). Doc says recovery should be between 1-2 weeks. I have already loaded up on DVDs and a dear friend (Andrea) sent me trashy mags from the States for my birthday, so I will be saving those. Also, you can probably expect a few Skype calls :) and many updated blog posts as I am behind on telling you about a few recent trips.

Test results on the mass will take ten days. Chances are very slim it is anything serious. Either way, I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for the love, support and many birthday wishes. You certainly know how to make a girl feel good.

XOXOX
Gretchen

1 Comments:

Blogger J.M. said...

I miss you like crazy, birthday girl. Holler at me if I don't turn my skpye on enough. Don't worry, I'll be able to hear you yelling at me from across the world, Ms. Golden Voice. :)

April 30, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home