Chopstick Chatter

China: Through my eyes

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting

Just a quick update-

Talked to the Dr. on the phone today. She is going to try and schedule surgery for next week. I have to go in to her office hours on Friday to sort some things out. It is China so this could all change in the next few hours, but this is what I know for now.

I am also trying to convince work to pay for what the surgery would cost if I did it in the Chinese section of the hospital. It will require an official stamped paper from the hospital and the doctor's signature, so cross your fingers that I can get through all the hoops and red tape.

Once I saw patients laying on the floors in the hallway and had to ask someone to wear gloves before taking my blood- I decided the extra money is worth it, even if it is just for some peace of mind.

Again, thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me.

-Gretchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home